Thursday, May 11, 2023

National Walking Month!

 

National Walking Month! 



WooHoo!!!  I am so excited!  Every year the American Heart Association has made a day in April, National Walking Day.  But this year, they decided to make it the whole month of April!!!

I hope this will help a lot of you to either take up walking or to help you get more walking in.  It is for everyone, all steps count!  I know I needed this more than ever right now.  My husband passed away, out of nowhere of a heart attack in Jan.  We were all in shock, still am!  I have let my walking go but the doctors have told me it is time to get moving again, for my health.  It is hard but I can do it and so can you!

I am in the middle of selling our home, etc.. but promise you all I WILL be making April, since it is National Walking month, extra blogs as I can and for sure sharing everything walking I can from all over on my Facebook group.  So be sure and sign up for updates on my blog and like my facebook page so you are not missing anything.. ðŸ™‚

Here is some more info below on National Walking Month and Moving more in April:



Let’s Move More!

Every April, we celebrate physical activity and encourage all Americans to commit to being more active on a regular basis. In previous years, this was known as National Walking Day. Individuals, communities, schools and workplaces participate by holding events and using our toolkit of educational and promotional materials. You can choose how you want to participate and customize the experience for your community. Materials are available in English and Spanish.

Register now for your free toolkit!

 

Your Walking Friend!


April

No comments:

Post a Comment